FRCS Admissions Process
We are pleased you are applying to Franklin Road Christian! The following steps will guide you through your application process. Please feel free to contact us at (248) 668-7104 or email@example.com, for Director of Advancement, Charlotte Alex, as you proceed.
Step One: Complete and Submit Online Student Application
Complete and submit the Online Student Application along with a $100 per student application fee (paid online with application). Franklin Road Christian School accepts applications from October-April for the following fall, for priority consideration. Applications submitted after May 1 will have fewer testing opportunities, and tuition will be backdated to May 1.
**Please see step 2 for academic performance requirements prior to submitting your application.
Step Two: Submit the following documents via email to Charlotte Alex: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Birth Certificate, Kindergarten applicants (Student must be age 5 prior to Sep.1.)
- Immunization Record
- Most recent report card
- Most recent standardized test scores
- High School transcripts, 9th – 11thgrade
- Pastoral Reference Form: Found online and in packet (Must be a current pastoral leader in home church.)
- Teacher Reference Form: Found online and in packet (Must be a current teacher.)
- **All incoming 3rd – 9th grade students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA in core classes for candidacy.
- **All high school transfer students entering 10th – 11th grade must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA in core classes, with no grades below a C, and no disciplinary actions. A high school transcript must be submitted prior to application.
- **No 12th grade transfers will be considered, unless moving into area, and student meets academic and behavioral standards.
You may also fax, mail, or deliver all completed forms and records to:
Franklin Road Christian School
40800 W. 13 Mile Road
Novi, MI 48377
Fax: (248) 668-7101
Please note that applications will be processed when all documentation is received, as detailed above. You may check the status of your application and forms by logging into our online admissions portal.
Step Three: Entrance Testing
- Testing is required of all applicants and requires no additional fee. The exam includes general school aptitude and achievement in math and reading, as well as a writing evaluation.
- Students entering K – 2nd grade will be scheduled for testing in April. Our office staff will contact you in March.
- Admissions staff will contact students entering 3rd – 11th grade to schedule your test date once all documentation is complete and reviewed. Testing is by appointment only. Testing for priority candidates will take place in the months of February-April.
- Each 3rd – 11th grade student will complete a written personal profile the day of their test. Our guidance staff will be interested in the student’s personal faith, character, goals, and his/her desire to attend Franklin Road Christian. A formal interview with parents and student may be requested.
Step Four: Acceptance & Enrollment
Criteria for acceptance are based on:
- Christian faith and Christian lifestyle
- Personal character/interview
- Previous academic performance
- Performance on the entrance exam at/above grade level
Upon acceptance, an enrollment invitation and enrollment packet will be sent via email with instructions for online enrollment and tuition set-up. An enrollment fee of $500 per family will be required to hold your student’s place, and will be applied to tuition. Tuition payments begin in May.
Once again, thank you for your interest in Franklin Road Christian School. We look forward to welcoming you and your student(s) soon!